Glampers Need Not Apply - Part Two

So, apparently I have technical difficulties and so we have a part two. I will start by reposting the last picture from Part One.

Another thing I’ve learned is that if you can sleep in a rainforest, you should sleep in a rainforest. You can tell that this trip is turning me into a fount of wisdom. Anyway, did you know that the US has a rainforest?  Me neither!  But we found it and slept in it!  The above picture was taken next to our campsite in Hoh National Rainforest.

And if you stay in a rainforest, you might meet...


Mr. Snail and ...


Mr. Banana Slug (who, by the way is a special member of the Hoh Rainforest Society) and they just may...

  

race to see who can get to your breakfast first. 

So, if you don’t like to walk on the wild side - or if it has been too many days since your last shower and the baby has run out of pants, then it is time to visit a privately owned campground or RV park (as long as they aren’t too fancy and their reputation won’t be ruined by having you show up looking like the Griswald’s).  Just don’t forget your quarters and your flip-flops, you’ll need both for the showers, unless you lick up with free showers. Most of these campgrounds conveniently have laundromats. So this is camping with a bit more civilization. I have also been enlightened that people actually live in RV parks. In their RVs. Sometimes even families with little kids. Never knew that. 


Wasn’t it so nice to have this playground right beside our campsite? 😉 This is when we were camping at the beach. But in the Pacific Northwest, it is woods pretty much up to the beach in most places. 


This is at the same campsite. You can see our van in the background to the left of the tree. 

So, what has me so full of thoughts about camping?  It is tonight’s campsite. This is the closest to backcountry camping that we’ve come, and I’m not so sure how I feel about it. I hear lots of critters outside. 😨 But I did manage to get a really nice picture of Benn setting up our tent. If I didn’t explain it well, the girls sleep in one tent on top of the van, the boys in the other. Benn and I sleep in the smaller tent. We have fold-out cots with memory foam mattresses that we cut to fit. Pretty comfortable. 





Comments

Popular Posts